Fitting Information & Instructions
Shotgun seat installation video:
This video is a helpful guide for setting up the shotgun seat, but does not replace the fitting instructions, safety information and disclaimer included with every seat – which you must read before installation.
Will the shotgun seat fit my bike?
The shotgun seat fits all mountain bikes, and has a range of adjustment to fit top tubes from 30 – 68mm wide, and down tubes from 30 – 100mm wide.
Long story short, we're yet to find a mountain bike the shotgun seat won't fit, with the only exceptions being:
- Some electric mountain bikes (due to battery width and position)
- Some bikes without front suspension (due to the lack of clearance between the front wheel and down tube)
- Some older style mountain bikes with gear or brake cables that run along the top of the frame
Can I use the shotgun seat on my carbon frame?
Yes, we have many customers around the world using the shotgun seat on high-end carbon mountain bikes.
The clamping force of the shotgun seat is minimal thanks to the load being shared across 5 points of contact, with each point having moulded rubber frame protection.
Shotgun handlebars installation:
The shotgun handlebars fit 25.4mm, 31.8mm and 35mm handlebar diameters.
To fit the shotgun handlebars to your bike:
- Position the handlebar clamps either side of your bikes stem
- Choose the appropriate sleeve for your handlebar size
- The thick sleeve is for use on 25.4mm handlebars
- The thin sleeve is for use on 31.8mm handlebars
- No sleeve is required for use on 35mm handlebars
- To apply the sleeve, remove the adhesive and apply to the inside of the shotgun handlebar clamps.
- With the appropriate sleeve in place, tighten the bolts until the shotgun handlebars are secure, then conduct the pre-ride safety check below.
Shotgun handlebars pre-ride safety check:
Before using the shotgun handlebars, check the following:
- That the shotgun handlebars are securely mounted
- That they are not restricted or impacted by any gear, brake or dropper post cables, or any other handlebar accessories
- That the manoeuvrability of your bike (and your handlebars) are not impacted by the fitting of the shotgun handlebars.