With the shotgun MTB tow rope, you’ll take the hassle out of hill climbs – and enjoy bigger family rides together.
- Specifically designed for mountain bike families
- Shock absorbing stretch for a comfortable tow uphill
- Quick to attach and remove (stem loop + carabiner included)
- Load rated to 500lb / 225kg (suitable for big kids too!)
Also available is the shotgun tow rope combo, which includes our kids hip pack – the perfect place for stashing the tow rope during your family ride.
"The shotgun seat was great when my son was younger, but now that he’s pedalling his own bike, the hills can be pretty challenging for his little legs. The tow rope has been a game changer, now we can tackle bigger adventures together" – Dan
- 1.7m / 5.5 feet un-stretched – 3.3m / 10.8 feet stretched (polyester)
- Black alloy carabiner and pink paracord (5mm)
- Load rated to 500lb / 225kg (one size fits all)
- Product weight: 0.25kg
A: The shotgun tow rope is designed with kids in mind, but it’s suitable for adults too – as it’s rated to 500lb / 225kg.
For kids, we’ve found that the tow rope works best once they’re confidently riding a pedal bike themselves, usually this is once they are riding a 16" or 20" wheel bike.
Q: Is the tow rope safe for use on Ebikes?
A: We’re aware of many customers using their tow ropes with Ebikes and we haven’t heard of any issue to date. To minimise load on the Ebike motor we recommend the person being towed is also pedalling.
Q: Is the tow rope safe for use on dropper posts?
A: The majority of our customers use their tow rope on dropper posts and we aren’t aware of any issues. To minimise wear and tear on your seat post you should remain seated when towing.
- We offer free shipping on all orders above US$39
- Otherwise shipping is US$6 per order
Shipping covers all tax, duty and customs charges for USA and Canada. Orders from other countries may be subject to tax, import duties or customs charges. Learn more about shipping and returns.